"How 'Yella' is your chicken?"
Nature's Pastured Chicken is just that; raised on pasture the way chicken is meant to be! Chickens are omnivores, feeding on grass, seed, and insects. Restricting them to only grain feeds in cramped barns prevents them from achieving the full expression of their role in the landscape.
Chickens are wonderful creatures who help convert the deutritis of the land into nitrogen rich nutrients doted across the landscape. To emulate their natural role and purpose we:
- Keep our chickens on pasture year round
- Provide them with GMO free desiccated brewery grain (all the protein, mineral, and fiber, without the carbohydrates), as a supplemental nutrient source
- Move them each day (weather permitting) onto fresh pasture for clean grass to eat, and new soil to nourish
- Provide organic vegetable wastes for supplemental nutritional input
- Provide adequate room for their movement throughout the day, while being protected from predators
Our chickens are a beautiful five to six pounds with a rich yellow fat (whitish fat indicates a grain based diet as in industrial chicken production). We process our chickens less than a mile our farm, limiting their stress on their 'one bad day'.